Friday, August 21, 2009

"True Love Waits" is Growing in the Philippines

The website wagmuna.com caught my attention the other day because of its catchy name. Composed of young adults committed in remaining pure before marriage, the site is dedicated to promote the value of waiting through the "True Love Waits" (TLW) program taught in many churches in the Philippines. My friend Kuya Kevin also made it a mission to bring the message of sexual integrity to young Filipinos through his blog, podcast and preaching.

As someone who dealt with sexual brokenness, I could have needed or used the message they bring when I was going through my own problems. But God had a different way of addressing this issue in my life. I couldn't be more proud of my kababayans and co-believers in Christ for their commitment and team work to bring the Biblical message of love and sex to many Pinoys. As I said on a blog post last March, I hope and pray more churches and Christian groups will not wait but rather act now to develop more programs like TLW in the Philippines.

Keep up the good work guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment