Thursday, September 4, 2014

5 Filipino Celebrities Who Vowed No Sex Until Marriage


Several Filipino celebrities have made known their preference to stay a virgin until after getting married to their partners. One thing they in common: they are all Christians.

I applaud these five women for taking a stand on celibacy. I know it's a hard decision to keep but I'm glad some women (and their boyfriends) are modeling to young Filipinos around the world God's true design for male and female love relationships. As a Filipino-American Christian dad raising young children, having a good celebrity influence and role model is a big help when I teach my kids to wait before marriage. I'm sure many Filipino parents around the world agree.

Here they are:

1. Toni Gonzaga
What she said: Ako kasi, ang paniniwala ko, at saka kung paano rin ako pinalaki, I think that love should be greater than your lust for each other.

Naniniwala ako that love should be unconditional. Hindi porke mahal mo ang isang tao, dapat ang kundisyon mo, 'Dapat sexually compatible tayo.' I think that love should be the strong foundation of the marriage, and I think that the trust and the commitment that you want to stay together in the marriage [weigh more].



2. Yeng Constantino

What she said: There's no pre-marital sex. Gano'n talaga. No pre-marital sex, iyan 'yung clear na, 'No to it.' Kasi we want to honor marriage. Kasi, 'diba, ang tagal-tagal kang prineserve ng mga magulang mo, nanay mo, papa mo. Lahat ng paggalit, pananakot para hindi ka lumabas ng bahay, pumarty, pero sa isang iglap, 'It's all gone, Ma.

So, iyon 'yung sa amin, iyon 'yung boundary namin. Kasi once na nag-move ka na into physical intimacy, sobrang magbabago na 'yun. It's another level na you have to save. That's for me.

  
3. Janine Tugonon
What she said: Wala nang lalaki na ganyan na mag-sa-sacrifice and 'yung rerespetuhin ka nang gano'n, iyong talagang papanindigan na, 'This is my stand, this is my principle.

For me, marriage is sacred. Ngayon kasi, parang nagiging norm na lang, eh, sa tao na, 'Come on, let's do it.' Pero iba pa rin siguro 'yung pakiramdam pag ginawa mo siya after [getting married].




  
4. Miriam Quiambao

What they said: Let it be known that I, Ardy Roberto aka Mr. Pogi, and I, Miriam Quiambao, aka Ms. U, vow before God to protect each other's purity from this day onwards until the day, by God's grace that we are wed. Therefore, we shall not engage in any act that shall ignite sexual desires or passions prematurely, such as passionate kissing (lips-to-lips), pheromone sniffing or foreplay.

The only expressions of affection allowed are: kissing on the cheek, holding hands and hugging or 'akbay.' I, Ardy Roberto, promise to take the lead in this purity pledge and protect you, Miriam Quiambao, and your testimony. So help us God! In Jesus' name.


5. Nikki Gil 
What she said: O, sige, 'yan na ang kapintasan ko! Peope have said, 'Eh, kasi, lalaki. May pangangailangan.' My point exactly! See? Kung 'yan lang pala ang issue, [he didn't really deserve me]. Nobody told me to stay a virgin, or because I'm a stuck-up prude na holy-holy. It's my choice. I've always been ma-pride. If sex is something I value, [gano'n talaga]!






Read entire article and watch video clips here (ABS-CBN.com).

No comments:

Post a Comment