Friday, October 3, 2014

Filipino American Daddy Blogger is a Healthy Dad #HealthyDad

http://instagram.com/jasonebruce

I weighed exactly 200 lbs. 12 months ago. I’m now down to 183 lb. just by diet alone (see video below and contest to win $100). I’m happy with my weight loss but my next goal, now that I just turned 40 years old is to gain muscles. I know I cannot develop a chiseled body by moderate food intake alone. So I need a workout program to carve my body and give it some manly form.  

This month, I started the Body Beast workout program – a muscle defining, resistance training program designed to gain me some muscles in 90 days! You heard it right… 90 days. Yes, it sounds like Tony Horton’s P90X program but it’s not. You may or not be a fan of these intense workout DVDs, but you can agree with me that becoming fit and healthy is an important requirement to being a good dad.

http://instagram.com/jasonebruce
Fellow Christian dads and new friends Andy Neher (Fitness Redemption) and pal, Brian Chaffin (Elite Systems Training) got me into the program (read Andy's fitness journey and story here). I’m two weeks into the program and so far so good. Well, not all the time. I’m wiped out and sore everyday. Some of the routines are hard to love and enjoy because I struggle with it - specially the cardio. But I’m pressing on. My wife and kids are always in my mind. They are my motivation. I want to live longer and healthy for my children and I want look good and desirable for my wife (wink wink).

Anyone who is starting a new workout program should consider the health disclaimer, “Consult your physician before beginning any exercise program.” Who has time to do this? Sometimes it’s tough to get to a doctor. But Anthem Blue Cross Blue Sheild’s (who happens to be my family’s health care provider) LiveHealth Online App may have the answer. With LiveHealthOnline, you can connect with U.S. based, board-certified doctors within minutes by two-way video chat in the privacy of your own home. Available 24/7, 365 days a year.

Doctors are available to handle acute conditions, worsening of chronic conditions, triage, refills and general advice. Ideal to give anyone the medical consultation they need to start a workout program.

To learn more about LiveHealth Online, visit www.livehealthonline.com. You can register by downloading the app from iTunes or Google Play store and signing up in one quick step. 

The first step to taking care of our families is to take care of ourselves.

Follow and join my health and fitness journey: #HealthyDad

 http://instagram.com/jasonebruce

CONTEST ALERT: Make your own #HealthyDad video 
via Vine or Instagram. Post it on the Healthy Dads
Facebook page and you could win a $100 Amazon gift card. 
Click here for more details.


(Thanks to Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield, who sponsored the campaign, for including dads in this important discussion about family health care. My views are based solely on my experience as a parent, and not as a medical professional.)

2 comments:

  1. That's Excellent and valuable information Jason!
    Glad to have you on this journey and a part of mine also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Andy. The Beast is a killer, but it's fun to do it. I don't mind the rubbery feeling every after workout. :)

      Delete