Thursday, April 14, 2011

Exorcism in the Philippines: From Yahoo News, "Philippine Priest in Ancient Battle with Demons"

"There is a great dramatic increase of possessions right now," said Father Jose Francisco Syquia, Head of Manila Archdiocese's Office of Exorcism. "More and more the demons are gaining a foothold into this society" he added.

Father Syquia's statement reminded me of the 2010 movie "The Last Exorcism". The film's tagline says "If you believe in God, you must believe in the Devil".
I think every sincere Christian are bound to wrestle with this statement one way or the other. Is the devil real? Is there room for ungodly spirits to invade human beings or the body of Christ? As a Christian, how to I respond? Do I tend to take this issue lightly or do I overrate it?

Something to ponder on.

On a side note, I want to introduce you to Satan's Blog. It's one of my favorite blogs and one I follow on a regular basis. Check it out and find out for yourselves why I like it.

(Image courtesy of Yahoo News)

2 comments:

  1. well everyone of us has his/her own devil inside, true that we wrestle against it everyday, to choose of doing what is pleasing to God and not.

    http://www.churchflfind.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. DO NOT BE DECEIVED. THE BLOG ABOVE PROMOTES SATANISM. TO THE SPIRIT AFFLICTING THE AUTHOR, IN JESUS' NAME, I BIND YOU. IN JESUS' NAME I COMMAND YOU TO GO WHERE JESUS WANTS YOU TO GO - IMMEDIATELY & DIRECTLY. AND IN JESUS' NAME, I COMMAND YOU NEVER TO RETURN AGAIN.

    ReplyDelete