Monday, March 28, 2011

You Call This Entertainment and Hope? Humiliation of 6 Year-Old Boy on Willie Revillame's Willing Willie

My jaws dropped on the floor when I saw this video and article about the child abuse that took place on Willie Revillame's "Willing Willie". I was appalled not only because of the boy's humiliation but from the cheers and applause of Willie and his audience. It just show how desensitize many are on poor taste, sexuality and the false hope of prosperity on TV. If this is what many Filipinos find entertaining, then many should take a deep breath and a good look at the mirror.


I knew something like this will happen ever since I noticed the influence of the SexBomb dancers (and alike) to little girls and the promise of instant wealth on TV. I know many will blame Willie Revillame, the boy's parents and TV5 for this abuse but Filipinos should also realize that if they want to stop poor taste, moral and cultural degradation on TV, change should first begin in us.

No comments:

Post a Comment