Monday, November 14, 2011

WHAT?... Anne Curtis Still OPM Chart Topper?

Filipino Dad blog: What... non-singer Anne Curtis still OPM (Original Pilipino Music) chart topper? Doesn't she sing like Christine Jacob during her Eat Bulaga days? She herself admitted that "my music is not soulful, it's painful." I don’t know which one I’m surprised more; that she has a music album or that more than 100,000 Filipinos bought her CD, earning her a Gold Platinum record award and her record label lots of profit! I know it’s all in the name of fun, entertainment and following a dream but does it reflect that popular art in the Philippines is not set to a higher standard? Does it trivialize the Filipino excellence in music? Come to think of it, if Kris Aquino and Ruffa Gutierrez can win top dramatic acting awards, why should I be surprised with Anne Curtis too? Maybe I’m just a prude and over reacting... please pardon me.

No comments:

Post a Comment